Scheduling...Prioritizing...Make Each Day Awesome!!

Today my post is inspired by my husband! We just returned home from Hawaii on Sunday morning and then were rushed off to the festivities of the day for Easter. I was afraid for the recovery from the trip because along with unpacking, I had to deal with the clean up from the holiday's! Not to mention my body doesn't really know what time it is right now! Needless to say I just started working. Unpacking, putting things away and doing laundry. My kids were out of school today for Spring Break so we played games in between, read their books, made sure homework was done. I also found time to get my 1.5 hour bike/20 min run done. We went and did some returns, took my husband lunch and got kids to where they needed to be. I put dinner in the crock pot and made sure we were on task to have a healthy meal to end our day! By the way...it was a simple dinner. Teriyaki chicken, pineapple & mandarin orange quinoa, steamed peas & carrots!

As we were sitting at the end of the day he said..."Today was a good day! And it had nothing to do with what I did today!" He went on to say how he felt so good about the day because everything felt in order and he came home and everyone was happy. It wasn't even that the house was clean or that dinner was made, but the overall feeling in the home!

This is me and my family the day before St. George Ironman.
They are the best fan club ever!!

My day got thrown off from the beginning. I was supposed to do a 20 mile run while my kids were in school. I woke them up as usual, got them ready, only to find out when no one showed up at the bus stop that the kids had one more day of Spring Break. There went my plan for a long run...so I adjusted and figured out what I could get done during the day instead! And I was okay with it.

As I thought about my day and what made it great it is because I got everything done that was important to me and pushed what I couldn't off to the next day. I spent good quality time with my kids, while accomplishing everything else I needed to do around the home and for myself. I got a workout in...maybe not the workout I originally had planned, but I did something! I saw a good quote once that said this...


We do a lot. We all do. Some of us have full time jobs, are full time moms and dads, we try to train full time, we are cooks, taxi drivers, sometimes I am a horse or a punching bag for my little boy when he gets overly excited. We have so many things on our plates....my tip for today is just make each day count. Fill it with those things that are most important to you. Love what you are doing. Love those around you and at the end of each day be able to say...Today was a good day!!!!



5 comments:

  1. Perfect post Jess! I needed that today :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ky!! And thanks for helping me grunt through 9 miles on the treadmill!!

      Delete
  2. Love this! Seriously sometimes if something messes things up I just give up and everything goes to crap the rest if the day. I need to be able to go with the flow more often and just be grateful for each day :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am right there with you!! That is one of my goals...to roll with the punches and make each day awesome. Not get caught up by the little things. It is so much easier said than done! :)

      Delete
  3. you are my favorite, jess! you make me smile and laugh and think and appreciate! thank you!

    ReplyDelete

 

Weekly Posts

*Monday Meals*
*Tuesday Tips*
*Wednesday Whatever*
*Thursday Training*
*Friday Features*

*Saturday Spotlight* (Occasionally)

If you have specific things you want us to talk about, email 4corefit@gmail.com



Contact Us

Questions? Comments? Anything Else?
Email us at 4corefit@gmail.com.
Have a great day!