Dry Shampoo...My Dirty Little Secret!


I don't know about you guys but one thing I hate to do is my hair! I get so jealous of my hubby sometimes because showering after swiming, biking or running is so easy. They don't have to dry their hair, and then straighten it or curl it, just to have it done for a few hours before you wake up the next morning and have to do it all over again!! In fact, I don't like it so much I will plan the days that I swim around when I want to wash my hair...:)

I have trained my hair pretty well, but about a year ago I started using a dry shampoo and it is fabulous. Up until then I would just use baby powder to try and stretch my hair another day or two...
My favorite is the Rockaholic Dirty Secret brand from Bed Head. I buy it at any beauty supply store...don't know if it is anywhere else because I have never looked. What is it? How does it work? Here are a few quick answers to help understand why I love the product and how it may help you...

What is dry shampoo?

Dry shampoo is a powdered substance used to clean the hair when you want to extend the length of a blowout or when it is not practical to use water and traditional shampoo.

Why use dry shampoo?

Overwashing your hair can dry it out and cause hair color to fade. To preserve your color and maintain moisturized, sleek hair, it is best to wash your hair only 2-3 times per week. Additionally, if you’re strapped for time and you need to freshen up your locks (after the gym, before a night out, etc.), dry shampoo serves as a fantastic option. Modern, busy women swear by dry shampoos!! And so do I!!!

How does dry shampoo work?

The ingredients in dry shampoo soak up oil and dirt on the scalp. When your hair appears greasy, it’s usually just the roots (close to the scalp) that need to be refreshed. Applying a dry shampoo effectively soaks up any oil and dirt, leaving your hair looking refreshed and clean.

How do I use dry shampoo?

There are basically two types of dry shampoos: ones that come in a loose powder form and ones that come in an aerosol (spray) form. Powder dry shampoos can be applied directly on to the scalp from the bottle and either brushed through or massaged in using your fingers...which is why I used to use Baby Powder!  Dry shampoo aerosols can be sprayed directly onto the scalp from a few inches away and likewise may need to be brushed or massaged through the area.

This magic bottle saves me so much time getting ready that I have more time to focus on my kids, cleaning the house, making dinner, making cookies, volunteering in my little girls class, having playdates...etc. All the mom duties that I have to do each day but I still look presentable.

Sometimes when I use the shampoo, I like to pull my hair back after the second day I used it. One hair blog that I love is Babes in Hairland. I really love her blog for ideas for my little girls hair, but I find ideas for me to. So if you ever see me and I have either one of the following hair dos...just know that I am sporting my dry shampoo!!

Slightly Messy Loose Side Braid

Criss Cross Twists with a Bun
 
 
If you want some cute ideas for hair, whether for yourself or your little ones, visit www.babesinhairland.com. You will not be disappointed!!
 
So now that you know one of my Dirty Little Secrets...what is one that you have?
 What is something that you do to save time during a day?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Weekly Posts

*Monday Meals*
*Tuesday Tips*
*Wednesday Whatever*
*Thursday Training*
*Friday Features*

*Saturday Spotlight* (Occasionally)

If you have specific things you want us to talk about, email 4corefit@gmail.com



Contact Us

Questions? Comments? Anything Else?
Email us at 4corefit@gmail.com.
Have a great day!