Fruity Treats

I love fruit! It is the natural sugar, right??? If I love fruit so much, why don't I just eat that for my sugars...once again...why do I reach for cinnamon bears so much!?! Maybe it is because they are quick and easy to grab right off the shelf of my pantry. These other treats take prep time. But I do know that when I take the time and prep them, I will eat them! And when I do that I feel so much better which is why I will try and be better...

That aside...here are a few of my favorite fruity treats that I wanted to share with all of you!


1)     Frozen Greek Yogurt Bites. 
I love to take grapes, bananas, strawberries or peaches and dip them in greek yogurt (maybe add a little honey to sweeten). Then you put them in the freezer and you have frozen little goodies that are so yummy and calm the sweet tooth that always seems to hit me around 3-5 in the afternoon. Anyone else get that???
 
 
 
2)    Fantastic Fruit Dip.
 
1-16 oz pkg. frozen, sliced peaches
1-10 oz. pkg. frozen, sliced strawberries
1 T lemon juice
1/4 tsp almond extract
Fruit for Dipping
 
1. Place all ingredients (except fruit for dipping) into your blender.
2. Cover and blend until smooth. I use the sauces setting on my Blendtec Blender.
3. Cover and refrigerate until ready to eat.
4. Serve Dip with Fruit.
 
So YUMMY!!!!!
 
 
3)     Fruit Salsa & Cinnamon Pita Chips.
 
 
 
1 Mango
1 Granny Smith Apple
1 Can Pineapple
1 Bag Frozen Mixed Berries
1/2 Bag Frozen Strawberries
Any other fruit you want to add...I have added Kiwis, bananas...you can really try anything.
 
Cinnamon Sugar Pita Chips or Homemade sweeted BAKED Tortilla crisps.
 
Dice and mix all fruit together. Add a little sugar to taste if needed.
Serve with pita or tortilla chips!
 
 
Try these fun fruit treats. Try switching them out for one of your other treats you need to have everyday....for me that is cinnamon bears!!
 
On a side note, I want to share one of my favorite non-food related treats!!! Every time I pull into my garage I get to see this....
 
These are posters our kids made for us for our very first half ironman in August 2011. We still have them hanging in our garage. I love the memory I have of seeing them as I was coming into the finish line....I loved grabbing them, running through the finish line with them and just hearing their little voices tell me good job!! I love that they are excited to run and be active. I love that they try and eat healthy because they want to take care of their precious bodies that they have. My kids are one of my bigggest happy things in my life...they are a "treat" I get to experience every day!!!
 
Other treats I love are pedicures, massages, sitting down and watching Bachelor with my hubby, Red Mango Peanut Butter/Coconut combo....those are just a few!!
 
 
What is one of your favorite treats?? Food or Non-Food? 
 
 



8 comments:

  1. Umm those strawberry thingys look AMAZING!! I'm going to attempt to make them... I love raspberry greek yogurt and might try dipping stuff in that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yummy!!! I should try flavored greek yogurt too....good idea!!! Then I wouldn't have to sweeten it with honey!

      Delete
  2. That all looks yummy! :D
    I love Spinach w/ craisins, feta, almonds or pecans, and raspberry vinaigrette on it. Super delish! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome ideas! thank you, jess! i think you should make all of the above for us at HT camp! :-) i can't wait to see you there! my favorite treat? greek yogurt, berries, honey. but when i am too lazy to open the fridge: pretzels and nutbutter will do...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a deal...I will bring some healthy treats to the camp. I can't wait to see you too! Aren't you going to be down there this weekend?

      Delete
  4. Oh gosh I have to try the frozen fruit! Those look fabulous!! I also love that red mango combo!! I got some last night in fact out was amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These recipes look amazing. I can't wait to try them. Thanks for sharing!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete

 

Weekly Posts

*Monday Meals*
*Tuesday Tips*
*Wednesday Whatever*
*Thursday Training*
*Friday Features*

*Saturday Spotlight* (Occasionally)

If you have specific things you want us to talk about, email 4corefit@gmail.com



Contact Us

Questions? Comments? Anything Else?
Email us at 4corefit@gmail.com.
Have a great day!