Introducing our Better Halfs...Best Treats Ever!!!

 
Nate Tebbs
Meet my main squeeze Nate! Nate grew up in Riverton, Utah and went to Bingham High School, where he played basketball and football, but was in love with baseball the most.  He went to the College Of Southern Idaho to play baseball. He played ball in Twin Falls for 2 years and was drafted to play professional baseball by the Boston Red Sox. He played his first year of Rookie ball and we were married right after that season. We traveled all over the country while he played pro ball for 10 seasons with 5 different teams. The Red Sox, Orioles, Padres, Cardinals, and the Braves. We welcomed 2 of our 4 kids while we were chasing his dream. 

Nate and I have been married for 19 years!  He is the worlds most hands on dad. He coaches both of our boys baseball teams and enjoys spending time teaching and sharing his love of the game with his boys (who idolize him). Our girls have him wrapped around their pinkies, and he loves that they adore him. He loves to watch his girls dance and tumble and has an enormously special place in his heart for them as well. He is a tad bit over protective of his girls:) I know that Nate would do anything for his family, because he does on a daily basis. 

He recently ran his first 1/2 marathon last May in Ogden. Although running is not his favorite sport, he signed up for Ogden again and hopes to learns how to love running:) Even if that day doesn't come, I will always be proud of all of the many things he is so good at. I'll tell you what, the boy can still pick it and will never lose his touch on the baseball diamond.  I am so blessed to be married to the best dad and husband. I could go on and on about how special I think my husband is. For now, I just want to tell you how much I love you, and wish you the most HAPPY VALENTINES DAY! I love you #22!!






 Trent Perry

Meet Trent "the Magnificator" Miles Perry! I will explain where the nickname comes a little later on!He truly is my better half and the best thing that has ever happened to me. Trent grew up in Sandy, UT and is 1 of 7 children. He grew up playing baseball and eventually played at Alta High School. From there he went on to play 1st base at Ricks College and then when UVSC became Division 1 he transferred there to play the remaining of his college years (this is where I met him!). And let me just tell you...he could smash the ball. I loved watching him play! He served an LDS mission in Frankfurt Germany...so he speaks German. He likes to speak it from time to time and teach me, but I think it is such a harsh sounding language...(and the language I speak...Mandarin Chinese is all lovey dovey...he loves it when I speak to him in Mandarin though!) 
 We met in May 2004 and were married that same year in November. Trent is a fast mover...when he sees something he wants, he goes for it! That is one of the many qualities I love about him. He is an amazing father to our two children, Brynlee and TJ. Brynlee has him wrapped around her little finger and our little TJ is named after him....Trent said his legacy just needed to continue :)!!! And it has...our little guy is a carbon copy of his dad!  I absolutely love it! (see below)
 Trent is a totally goofball. He makes me laugh all the time. He is a total clean freak and doesn't function well when he feels things are messy or out of control. He is obsessed with Cannondale bikes, especially anything in the green, blue and white liquigas color scheme. He is a total planner and I am not. When asked the question, "if you had to name your own biography, what would it be?" he responded, "The Magnificator!" He says he will never run a full marathon, yet he is signed up for 2, yes 2, Full Ironmans this summer...I don't get it but I fully support him! He is afraid of heights so when I go skydiving I will be solo. He is an amazing wakeboarder, snowboarder and loves to golf.
He works as a Mortgage Lender at Veritas Funding and is such a hard worker and wonderful provider for our little family! He truly makes me a better person and loves and supports me in all my craziness...whether it be running, starting a blog, wanting to do an Ironman, or go run the NY Marathon...he is always my #1 fan. He is always there to cheer me on. The one thing I love is seeing his face when I get close to the finish line and then getting a great big hug and hearing him say good job...even if it was a crappy race. It is my favorite sight. He compliments me so well, makes me want to be a better person and is the perfect companion to figure out this life we live with! 
Thank you so much babe for everything!
 I love you so much Trenton Miles....HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!!
Who is your SPECIAL SOMEONE? Your Valentine's Treat?
 Leave a comment and tell us...we may just have to pick one and send them a little something!!!!

7 comments:

  1. Well, fitness isn't her thing - but the sweet part of my life is the most creative and beautiful creature ever created! The idea of spending this life and the eternities with someone THAT amazing is what a bit intimidating. Hopefully she never realizes how much better she is than me...... trying to keep her in the dark :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jared, you are right Anj is one if the most beautiful and creative people on earth. I think you two are a perfect match. Wonderfully compatible and kind to everyone you meet. Thank you to both you and Anj for your wonderful examples you are, by being just who you are. Btw...I really wish I contained an ounce of her creativity. She is amazing.

      Delete
  2. Love this! I think it is so neat that you have found each other as friends, as well as your significant others who all share a common interest in fitness. So cool :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christie, I just looked at your blog! We have been at a few recent races together. We should meet up sometime :) You are one tough chica! It is very nice to have a hubby that shares the same passions (except when you have to take turns with the little kids :) ) Love your blog!

      Delete
  3. My husband was my exercise motivator when we met. I'd always played sports and been pretty healthy but didn't "workout" consistently. Then I met him and he was the best looking guy with the hottest body I'd ever seen :) and I thought "if HE works out that much I better get to it" and we've been doing it ever since! Love your blog and glad I happened acrossed it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for letting us get to know you & your families better! Husbands are the best support system...mine supports me in all I do & especially running. he has run a couple 1/2 marathons & is even signed up for a full this year. I know he does it not for the love of running but for me!

    ReplyDelete

 

Weekly Posts

*Monday Meals*
*Tuesday Tips*
*Wednesday Whatever*
*Thursday Training*
*Friday Features*

*Saturday Spotlight* (Occasionally)

If you have specific things you want us to talk about, email 4corefit@gmail.com



Contact Us

Questions? Comments? Anything Else?
Email us at 4corefit@gmail.com.
Have a great day!