Typical Daily Diet

We have gotten the email several times of readers wanting to know what our daily diet consists of. We appreciate your questions and we are going to answer this one today! When planning your diet...remember this!!


I will start...this is me...Jess!

My diet has been a little different these days because this little peanut inside of me is craving some not so nice things for my body. Here is how I usually feel...I am so undecided as to what sounds good!!

But I have to realize that they are just cravings and I still know what my body needs, the nutrients it needs and what is best for it. So here is what a typical day is for me...

Pre-Workout
(usually will eat 1-2 of these, depending on the size of my workout)

Mandarin Orange
Piece of Toast with a little honey & PB
Gogo Applesauce Pouch
1/3-1/2 PowerBar Performance Bar (Vanilla Crisp or Oatmeal Raisin)

Breakfast
Oatmeal, Cream of Wheat or Malt of Meal
1/2 Banana
Sliced Strawberries
Blueberries
Almond Milk

Morning Snack
(Alternate between these)
Think Thin Protein Bar
Green Smoothie
Strawberries & Cottage Cheese
Apple
Pretzels & Peanut Butter
Cucumbers & Cottage Cheese
Greek Yogurt & Granola

Lunch
Some sort of sandwich or Salad.
Usually it is Turkey or Chicken. I don't use Mayo or dressings. I will use Mustard or Cranberry sauce on my sandwich and Balsamic Vinegar and Pepper on my salad. I don't eat a ton of cheese but I love avocado...that is something I definitely eat everyday at lunch!!

 Afternoon Snack
(Similar to Morning Snacks)
Think Thin Protein Bar
Green Smoothie
Strawberries & Cottage Cheese
Apple (I eat one of these everyday!!)
Pretzels & Peanut Butter
Cucumbers & Cottage Cheese
Greek Yogurt & Granola
Veggies & Salsa
Veggies & Hummus

Dinner
Chicken or Fish. I don't eat red meat. I occasionally will prepare turkey something!
Some sort of carb. Brown Rice, Quinoa, Sweet Potato, Spaghetti Squash, etc.
Steamed Veggies. Favorites at our house are Broccoli, Endamame, Peas & Carrots, Cabbage, Asparagus, Zucchini.
Fruit. I love summer. Always have some watermelon, grapes, peaches or whatever we feel like!!

Before bed if I get hungry, I usually will eat a piece of fruit, some yogurt, or even sometimes a bowl of cereal.
I think no matter what your diet is...here is what you need to remember! You are what your eat. Your body responds to what you consumed and put into your body the day before! If you want lots of energy and to feel great...eat great things. If you want the opposite...you know what to do!!


What are some things you eat on a daily basis?
What are some bad habits you need to get rid of?


 
HI!!! It's Deb....I am pretty boring, I find what works for me and I stick with it
If I am up early and out the door for an early run or workout this is what I usually eat...
 Pre workout
1/2 banana or 1/2 sandwich with peanut butter and honey (depending on how far I am running)
As soon as I am done running/ working out I consume a protein drink or Protein pancakes.

Breakfast
Eggs w salsa 
Oatmeal w any type of berries ( I LOVE Blueberries)
Green Smoothies

Snacks
Peanut butter balls
Greek yogurt w/fruit or granola
carrots and cottage cheese
popcorn
Apples
oranges
string cheese wheat thins

Lunch
Turkey wrap sandwich w tomato mustard spinnach and AVOCADO!!
or
Turkey or chicken salad

Snacks
Chips Salsa/ Guacamole
Pear or any ripe fruit
Cucumbers Snap peas
Strawberries and yogurt

Dinner
Salmon or Chicken
Turkey burgers!!
Fish tacos
Spaghetti squash and sauce
Spinnach salads
Turkey lasagna
Asparagus, Zucchini, squash,sweet potatos

Snacks
Smoothies
Yogurt cinnamon pretzels
popcorn
apples




3 comments:

  1. Thank you for this!! I have been needing new ideas!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jess, Keri and Deb! I have been needing some new ideas lately and this was just the key! Thanks a million!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How do you make your green smoothie?

    ReplyDelete

 

Weekly Posts

*Monday Meals*
*Tuesday Tips*
*Wednesday Whatever*
*Thursday Training*
*Friday Features*

*Saturday Spotlight* (Occasionally)

If you have specific things you want us to talk about, email 4corefit@gmail.com



Contact Us

Questions? Comments? Anything Else?
Email us at 4corefit@gmail.com.
Have a great day!