What is your Exercise Personality?


Do you ever wonder why you are doing what you are doing? Or do you feel you need a change up in your exercise routine? There are so many different forms of exercise out there. Some of us like to dance, some like to run, some like to lift...we are all different and want different results. So we have come up with a little quiz for you to take to help you figure out what types of exercise you and your body crave the most!

 Answer these questions and keep track of your points: 

Scoring:
1's = 1 point
2's = 2 points
3's = 3 points
4's = 4 points 
 


  • Which best describes your relationship with exercise?
1. I enjoy exercising and do it because it makes me feel healthier and happier.
2. I workout to achieve a specific goal each day such as miles, time, calories burned, etc.
3. I need a little push to get going when it comes to exercise...just don't love it.
4. I exercise whenever the mood strikes, but not on a consistent schedule.

  • How do you prefer to workout?
1. On a structured, consistent basis.  Same time  on most days of the week.
2. I don't move out of my comfort zone. I do things I am familiar with and know I can do.
3. I want someone to workout with me, or tell me what to do.
4. Doesn't matter, I do whatever the conditions allow based on weather, season, time, etc.

  • What best describes you?
1. I am a planner.
2. I am competitive.
3. I like to socialize.
4. I am adventurous.

  • Which best describes how you fit exercise into your day?
1. Exercise is a priority and I have no problem fitting it into my day.
2. I make it fit, but I'm on a schedule. I set specific, incremental goals to get me through it.
3. If someone else sets up the time and place, or if there is a class schedule, I can stick to it.
4. I'm really busy and don't have time to exercise regularly.
 
4 - 6 Points: You are a "Self Motivator":

You have no problem making the time to exercise, but self- motivators tend to do more cardio (or the same thing over and over again) and can hit training plateaus, so at least once per week, do something different to challenge your body in a different way.
For example, invite others to workout with you so they can benefit from your self-discipline. Or try a new strength class that will help transform your body in new ways.
Best activities: Any type of Cardio, Yoga, Pilates, Toning but not lifting. All of these activities are good for variety and compliment the usually cardio-heavy "self-motivator's" routine

7 - 9 Points: You are a "Milestone Tracker ":

Train for a race or goal-oriented event. You will use devices like pedometer, a GPS, etc to track progress and keep you motivated.
Be sure you are utilizing equipment to track time, miles, calories, etc. so you are sure not to loose interest and you can track your progress.
Best activities: Treadmills, Outdoor walking or running, Cycling, Swimming laps, Strength training (counting reps & sets keeps you going strong).

10 - 12 Points: You are a "Direction Seeker":

You need to make appointments to exercise with friends or a personal trainer. Be sure to workout first thing in the morning because the later in the day, the higher the likelihood of canceling.
Best activities: Workout videos (invite someone over to do it with you), Personal training sessions, Group fitness classes like kick-boxing, step, pilates, yoga, cycling, Group walking
If you see a trend, it is true. You like to do things in a group so stick with it. Rely on others to motivate you but in the meantime you will motivate others along the way.

13 - 16 Points: You are a "Spontaneous Mover":

Always have supplies on hand so when the mood strikes and/or the time is right, you don't waste any time! Something like a crazy workout video you've always wanted to try or snow shoes ready and waiting by the door. Be sure to keep fitness visual reminders around the house. For examples, workout shoes by the door or write why you need to exercise on a post-it note and stick it on your bathroom mirror.
Be sure to strike while it's hot, make the most of your session and go for as long and hard as you can because who knows when you get to do this again!
Best activities: Outdoors activities: skiing, snow shoeing, hiking, etc., Running or walking (all you have to do is put on shoes and go, so no wasted time), Unique activities like belly dancing, Zumba, tai chi or racquet ball.

 
Working out can be demanding! But figure out the things you love and stick to them. As you continue in your fitness journey you may venture out and try something new. But just like a picture I posted last week...
 
 Just get out and move! Your body craves to be active. It will be a very rewarding part of your day!! I am a runner and a triathlete...sometimes I like to do a little strength training. I do what makes me feel good. Sometimes I run with my friends, sometimes I want to race, sometimes I go out on my own...whatever you need to do...as Nike says...JUST DO IT!!!


A fun Halloween run with our kids.
 

 
A snowy run with friends!
 
 
At the finish of an Ironman 70.3 with my hubby.

 
What was your workout personality?
What is one of your favorite fitness activities to do?

8 comments:

  1. Spot on - love my cardio and have been looking for ways to "mix" up the rut.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am always looking for new ways to mix it up too. But at the end of the day...I always come back to my cardio and a good, nice sweat! I am a cardio junkie!!

      Delete
  2. Nailed it. I'm a milestone tracker. I always love running, but I also love this body pump class I take at the gym because it works and strengthens my whole body.

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks like i am a self-motivator. who knew? there should be a category that says: ADDICTED. can't do anything without exercise... and i don't necessarily mean this as a good thing... :-)
    i love myself a nice little bike-run-bike-run!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha!! I love this comment! Sarah...you are amazing and if I need to become an addict to perform like you..sign me up!!

      Delete
    2. So agree with Jess! You are amazing Sarah!!! You are a motivation to us all :)

      Delete
    3. i just saw your nice replies! you are too funny because i would give a whole lot to run like you ladies!!! but that's what's great: there is lots to learn and we all have our strengths!

      Delete

 

Weekly Posts

*Monday Meals*
*Tuesday Tips*
*Wednesday Whatever*
*Thursday Training*
*Friday Features*

*Saturday Spotlight* (Occasionally)

If you have specific things you want us to talk about, email 4corefit@gmail.com



Contact Us

Questions? Comments? Anything Else?
Email us at 4corefit@gmail.com.
Have a great day!