Ironman...3 1/2 weeks away!!!


Ever feel like this...I do right now!


A lot of you have asked about my workouts...sometimes I am hesitant to post them because I am Ironman training and it can seem really overwhelming. Right now I am 3 1/2 weeks away from Ironman Coeur d'Alene and am in the midst of Hell weeks...that is what I call them. They consist of 16-20 hour weeks with long days of 7-10 hours. If you want to know more specific details, let me know and I will post some stuff.
 
What was I thinking?
 
Actually I know what I was thinking. The feeling you have when you cross the finish line is what keeps me coming back for more. The fact that I get to see my husband and kids standing there, cheering for me and what I have accomplished! That is what keeps me going!!
 
 
Ironman training can be fun and is a huge bucketlist item to cross off. However, like the above sign says...that is what my days consist of right now. I want to sleep a lot, I am always hungry and feel like I always have some sort of training I have to get in. Then I go to bed and it all starts over! But somehow I think it is fun...maybe not all the training, but the end result of the race is fun!
 
If you are thinking about doing an Ironman or it is even on your radar, here is an article I found helpful. It includes 25 Beginner Ironman Tips:
 
 
My favorite are actually the first two...
 
1. Want it! It is tough training. Know it is really what you want to do so you will be committed!
 
2. Be Consitent! You have to be consistent in your training. Think about your life and make sure you will be able to have the time to train properly with everything you have going on!!
 
The other point they make in this article is Respect The Distance. Whatever race you are doing or whatever you want to accomplish, respect it. It takes a lot of work to get to the goals you set so respect it and respect others and the work it takes to get there!
 
So since I am always eating...help me out! Give me snack ideas, meal ideas.
What do you guys like to do during your heavy training or workout training periods?
 
Also, anyone else out there training for an Ironman? If so, what one and how are you feeling?
 
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Weekly Posts

*Monday Meals*
*Tuesday Tips*
*Wednesday Whatever*
*Thursday Training*
*Friday Features*

*Saturday Spotlight* (Occasionally)

If you have specific things you want us to talk about, email 4corefit@gmail.com



Contact Us

Questions? Comments? Anything Else?
Email us at 4corefit@gmail.com.
Have a great day!